Michel Bernard’s family has lived in Orange since the 17th century. As «mesnagers» or tenant farmers, the Bernards were to profit from the social upheavals of the French Revolution, buying their first vineyard soon after the conflict in 1794 – which is still present nowadays.
Since 1971, Michel Bernard runs the vineyard with his wife Dominique which they have developed since their eldest daughter joined the board in 2004. Today Château Beauchêne has become the hub for the vinification and maturation of all the cuvees from the different vineyards owned by the family. 3 appellations are represented among our 70 hectares
The whole harvest is bottled at the Château. In close collaboration with the research department of Inter-Rhône, Michel Bernard is personally looking after the vines and the vinification. Dominique Vergniaud looks after the financial side of the business and the “Galerie”. Amandine Bernard is in charge of the export sales and marketing from the UK.
Here are a list of their wines:
- Chateau Beachene Premier Terroir
- Chateau Beauchene – Grand Reserve Blanc, Cotes du Rhone Blanc
- Chateau Beauchene Hommage a Odette Bernard, Chateauneuf du Pape
- Chateau Beauchene Vignobles de la Serriere Chateauneuf du Pape
- Chateau Beauchene Viognier
- Chateauneuf du Pape Vignobles de la Serriere White
- Le Pavillon du Chateau Beauchene