The historical background of our domaine:

In 1840:

Gustave Hamelin, an inhabitant of Montallerie, a hamlet of Beines, grew 2 hectares of vines alongside his mixed farm.

In 1880:

Pierre Hamelin, an inhabitant of Beines, grew 3 hectares of vines, alongside other land and animals. He used a mule to work his vines.At that time, the wine was held in barrels holding 132 litres, giving rise to their name of ‘feuillette’, or little cask.. All these wines were sold in their containers. They were transported by river, using barges or rafts.

In 1911:

Georges Hamelin settled in Lignorelles. The property was extended to include 4 hectares of vines, which he worked by horse. The wine sold in ‘feuillettes’ was transported by railway.

In 1936:

Pierre Hamelin took over from his father. He further developed the vineyard and benefited from the developing technology of the profession.

In 1948:

Saw the first mechanical horizontal press and 1953, the first high-clearance tractor. He carried on the tradition of casks and increased the capacity of the cellar by adding enamelled metal vats.

In 1970:

Marc Hamelin created his own vineyard and then added the area he inherited from his father. He built a new vat room.

Todaythe Domaine HAMELIN

Dates back over seven generations. Thierry and hisson Charles continue the wine growing activity, perpetuationg the Chablis wine tradition.

The knowledge handed down from generation to generation is a harmonious mix of old traditions and modern-day techniques. Our focus, and the main feature of our Chablis wines, involves keeping the flavour of the ‘terroir’, together with offering our wines maximum generosity and charm. A well-controlled and thermo-regulated wine making process is essential. Our key priority is to bottle the wine ourselves at the optimal moment, during which the wine is at its most expressive. Our policy is to listen attentively to our customers.