Jean Loron was born in Chénas in 1711. He developed his business as a wine grower by vinifying specific “climats” of Beaujolais and of Bourgogne. In 1821 his grandson Jean-Marie Loron developed the estate further and began a wine merchant business. His son Jacques succeeded him and merged his business with that of his father-in-law Charlet in 1852.
The Charlet family, who had been wine merchants in Saint-Amour and Juliénas in the 18th century, also owned the “Clos des Billards” at Saint-Amour. Nowadays the business is managed by the eighth generation of the family. The quality and reliability of their wines are internationally renowned, their strong image of durability and longevity contributing to their excellent reputation. Maison Jean Loron is the only wine merchant to specialise (80%) in Beaujolais and Bourgogne wines, exporting them throughout the world.
For many years, Maison Jean Loron have had an exceptional reputation thanks to their winemaking savoir-faire.
For the white wines – this includes plot selection, precise control of the pressing process and maturation in our ageing warehouses either à la Bourguignonne in oak casks with bâtonnage for the Pouilly Fuissé or in thermo-regulated stainless steel vats for the wines from Mâcon and Saint Véran.
For the red wines – in 1998 we created the Cellier de la Vauxonne, a modern ageing warehouse in Beaujolais. Long term contracts with more than 50 winegrowers, agronomical assistance and a meticulous grape selection have made this venture a great success both qualitatively and commercially.
Here are a list of their wines:
- Beaujolais Villages Les Belmonts
- Beaujolais Villages, Domaine de Cornillac, Terra Vitis
- Brouilly, Les Thibaults
- Fleurie ‘Pur Gamay’
- Fleurie, Chateau De Fleurie
- Julienas, Domaine de la Vieilles Eglise
- Morgon, Chateau De Bellevue ‘Les Charmes’
- Morgon, Cote du Py, Chateau de Bellevue
- Morgon, Cote du Py, Jacques Charlet
- Morgon, Les Charmes, Chateau de Bellevue
- Moulin-a-Vent, Domaine X & N Barbet
- Moulin-a-Vent, La Roche, Reserve Caveau
- Moulin-a-Vent, Le Moulin, Reserve Caveau
- Rift 69, Beaujolais Villages, No added sulphites
- St Amour, Domaine des Billards